Combining theory and practice: The dual study program at VULKAN
You've finished school and want to dive straight into working life and study at the same time? Then take the opportunity of a dual study at VULKAN!
Every year we offer two apprenticeships in the profession of machinist with part-time studies in the field of mechanical engineering.
How does the dual study program at VULKAN work?
The dual study starts at the beginning of the training year in August. You will complete a four-year Bachelor of Engineering degree program at the Westphalian University of Applied Sciences in Gelsenkirchen, and in the first two years you will simultaneously complete an apprenticeship as a machinist IHK (m/f/d). During this time, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable practical experience. This is because the theoretical and practical phases alternate within the course of study. During the practical phase, you will be actively involved in day-to-day business and get to know a wide range of company departments.
What are the requirements for the dual study program at VULKAN?
- Very good or good degree of the general/specialized university entrance qualification, especially with very good grades in the scientific subjects
- Great enthusiasm for technology
- High level of commitment and initiative
- High level of comprehension, strong analytical thinking skills and a reliable way of working
- Strong communication skills and the ability to actively approach people as well as to work and learn effectively as part of a team
- Flexibility, mobility and openness to new ideas
How to apply?
If you would like to apply for a position as a dual student at VULKAN, please send your complete and informative application documents to jobs(at)vulkan.com.
You don't know exactly what you have to consider when applying? Our checklist will help you to prepare your application documents.