5.2 kNm–32.5 kNm
Areas of Application
Free standing installations especially flexibly mounted installations for main propulsion, auxiliary and power generation.
The VULKARDAN F is the successor of the well-established VULKARDAN E and complements the VULKAN highly flexible couplings product portfolio below the RATO R torque range. In comparison to similar couplings the VULKARDAN F is characterized by a very compact design, resulting in a weight reduction and a very short installed length. Furthermore, the optimized design of the element increases the heat dissipation considerably which results in high power loss. Accordingly VULKARDAN F couplings can also be installed in applications with
high alternating torques, and temperature induced ageing processes are efficiently reduced. The VULKARDAN F is especially suitable for flexibly mounted drive systems and makes it possible to compensate radial, axial and angular offsets by using a very
soft element in combination with a high-performance membrane. The VULKARDAN F is available in four rubber qualities, enabling a perfect torsional tuning of the drive train. In addition, a modular flywheel mass is available which can be attached after the installation of the coupling to achieve the highest comfort requirements.
- Compact and short-build design for smallest possible space requirements and easy handling.
- Low weight for the protection of engine bearings and reduction of service costs.
- Effective vibration protection and high displacement capacity guarantee the protection of connected machinery and therefore the highest system availability.
- Optional flywheel mass used for a subsequent fine tuning and achievement of the highest possible comfort.
- Due to the high power loss suitable for all propulsion and generator applications.
- Highest solution flexibility due to four optimized natural rubber versions.